Dirt Road Dust ControlDirt Road Dust Control is a common problem in today's environment where expansion into rural areas have left many people wanting for better conditions. In many situations communities are able to come together to devise a program to help maintain their dirt roads. Utilizing our Dirt Road Dust Control Program allows communities to accomplish their goals at the same time keep an eye on their budget.
Our product Maxx-Seal sits on the leading edge of technology for products specifically designed with dust control, road dust control, soil stabilization, erosion control and soil permeability enhancement as the end objective. For more information regarding Maxx-Seal please visit our main product page.With our dirt road dust control program your community will be able to stabilize their roads to the point where grading will become a practice of the past. We always tell our customers that they better like the shape of their road before they apply our dust control products on their dirt road, because it will be like that for a long time.
Our Dirt road dust control products are not just for controlling dust. It will stabilize the road as well as stop runoff and erosion. The basic procedure for this program is as follows.
- You will first want to grade and shape your dirt road so that it is exactly the way you want it to stay.
- You will need to bring in fill material wherever you see that it is too rocky.
- If it is already shaped you will need to scarify your road so that our dirt road dust control products will be able to penetrate.
- After you have shaped your dirt road it will be time to make the first application of Maxx-Seal.
- The first application of our dirt road dust control products will be diluted such that you will have ample penetration into the soil.
- After that application, the material will be given some time to allow for penetration (30 min - 1 hour)
- Compaction will press the material into the soil even further at the same time solidifying the matrix of Maxx-Seal and soil into a smooth surface.
- After the first application has had some time to cure, a second application can be placed at a much higher dilution rate. This application will allow our dirt road dust control products to sink in even further and thus tighten the soil matrix even more.
- The final application, which is even further diluted, will finish the process of stabilizing and converting the road to a dust free rock solid dirt road.
The process for a dirt road dust control program is very simple and is much more cost effective then continuous maintenance. Once a year, or when ever necessary, you will simply do a quick re-application of a small amount of Maxx-Seal to further bind any loose soil that might have been tracked onto you road. This maintenance application, if carried out correctly, will allow your road to last for years without rebuilding.
When you need a dirt road dust control program we hope that you consider DCI and Maxx-Seal as your first and last choice. We guarantee our results and our products to do exactly as we have stated or better.